1. Keep a checklist
2. Make sure to carry:
- Make a checklist of what you want to take with you about a week before your vacation to avoid packing in a panic.
- Keeping a list in your hand luggage, will prove handy, should anything go missing and an insurance claim ensue.
- At least one set of clothes in your hand luggage in case of baggage delay or loss
- Your sun glasses, scarf, hat/cap, cardigan, camera in your hand luggage if your tour starts on arrival itself
- A comfortable pair of walking shoes; you may be on your feet for a long time en tour
- Appropriate swimwear / beachwear for swimming activities. You will not be allowed to enter the pool (at hotels and on cruise) without suitable clothing
- Your camera, if you are planning on taking photographs on your holiday. Check the batteries and carry spares, since it is often difficult to buy replacements. More importantly, carry a good supply of film rolls, as it can be both expensive and troublesome finding the right film and quality.
Please carry your medication & all medical details along with a prescription with you, making sure they include:
- Your Health Insurer's contact details and your policy number
- Name and address of contacts in the event of an emergency
- Your blood type, general medical history, list of any medications you are taking, known allergies, glasses/ contact lens prescription, etc.
Ideally at least 8 Weeks before your planned departure visit a travel clinic at least two months before departure to plan any vaccinations or prescriptions you may need. These doctors specialize in travel medicine and can give you advice that is more specific to your travels than a generalist physician, who will likely know little more about local conditions. Indeed, many countries will deny entry without proof of appropriate vaccinations.
Ensure the following :
Pre – Departure
- Air tickets
- Foreign exchange
- Airline Bookings
- Report at least 3 hours prior to departure.
- All check in baggage must be X - rayed
Check in baggage must not exceed 20 Kgs and handbags must not exceed 1 piece (5 kgs)
- All check in baggage must be locked
- Do not put any cash/jewelry/expensive items inside the check in baggage
- Use some form of permanent identification on your check in luggage and also note its make/brand. This is useful at the time of baggage claim and to trace the same in case of any delay/ loss en route
- Proceed to check in at the airlines counter and hand over your passports and air tickets
- A baggage identification slip showing the destination of baggage, your boarding card, passport, air ticket & embarkation card will be handed over to you
- Fill the embarkation card & proceed to the immigration counter
- Proceed to the Immigration Counter; handover your passport, air ticket, boarding card and embarkation card to the officer.
- All documents (except the embarkation card) duly checked and stamped will be returned back to you Customs
- Hand over your passport, air ticket & boarding card to the officer. The same will be stamped & returned back to you
- You are not allowed to carry more than Rs.2000 and US$ 10000 as per the RBI rule
- Any foreign currency carried along must be endorsed on your passport
- Value goods like zoom cameras, video cameras, computers, laptops, etc. should also be endorsed on your passport
- Proceed to the boarding gate as specified on your boarding card where your hand baggage will be X-rayed
- On board please be seated as per seats allocated
- Snacks/ meals will be served as per airlines policy
- En route, you will be handed a disembarkation card to be filled and kept ready on arrival
- Airport Formalities on arrival
- As you leave the aircraft, please ensure you carry along all personal belongings & documents including- passport, air tickets, handbag, wallet, cardigans/ clothing, etc. To use a prepaid Cart ('trolley') you will have insert the required coins in the cart machine and a single cart will be released.
- You may be asked about your itinerary, purpose of visit and place of stay, etc. you may refer to your detailed itinerary.
- Hand over your passport, boarding card and disembarkation card (Counterfoil of disembarkation card is a very important document and it is your duty to retain the same till the time you depart from the destination country. You may not be allowed to board your return flight if you lose this counterfoil)
- Proceed to the baggage claim area to collect your bags from the baggage belt
- Fill out your declaration in advance to speed your customs and immigration clearance. When making your written declaration, you must list all goods accompanying you other than your personal effects, along with their price or value.
- Prohibited items: In general, you may not carry explosive, corrosive or inflammable products, arms and ammunition in your luggage.
- Duty-free items: Personal effects intended for your personal use during your trip, and purchases made at airport duty free shops are considered free of duties and taxes.
- Your Exemptions
Articles brought into the different countries are subject to duty and internal revenue tax unless they are prohibited entry, but as a visitor or nonresident, you are allowed certain exemptions and privileges.
Prohibited and Restricted Articles Lottery tickets, narcotics and dangerous drugs, obscene articles and publications, seditious and treasonable materials, hazardous articles switch-blade knives, biological materials, pirated books, video tapes, computer programs or cassettes, artifacts/cultural property, firearms & ammunition, food products, fruits, vegetables, plants, meats, livestock, poultry, hunting trophies
Hotels on tour
- We have taken utmost care to select the locations of hotels, keeping in mind your comfort. All modern amenities, such as attached toilets with bath tubs/ showers, hot and cold running water and telephone facilities are provided in each room.
- Check in
- Check in and check out times are usually 1400hrs and 1200hrs respectively.
- The Hotel Receptionist will then assign you room and hand you your room keys.
Rooming is generally pre-assigned to facilitate speedier check ins.
Security of documents
- Each time you leave the room, please ensure you deposit your room keys at the front desk making it easy for your room mate to access the same
- It is not advisable to carry the room key outside the hotel; you may be charged (often, a huge sum) if it is misplaced
- Always keep copies of your passport, air ticket and any important documents securely
- Responsibility of all your documents lies with you and travelhot.in / Panoramic Tour & Travels will not take any responsibility for the same
- Expenses incurred to trace lost passports or air tickets and retrieve them back will be payable directly by you
- It is suggested you keep your passport and air ticket safely in your locked bags or you can use a locker at the hotel. Locker facilities are available on request (You may have to pay a deposit to use the facility, the same is refunded on checkout)
It is advisable to carry a hotel card/ brochure with you; the address mentioned will be helpful to guide you back or if you lose your way.
Check out from Hotel
- Please follow the instructions of your Itinerary and adhere to timings as advised
- After checking out, please clear all personal/ extra bills, if any, at the Front Office.
Contact Tour Manager / Escort in case of clarifications.
- Porterage is not included at hotels in your itinerary
- You may have to pay for portage and the tips or any service charges as per local rules or customs at the destination